Saturday, August 3, 2013

And Then an Unwanted Detour



And suddenly I come to a pause. Not what I want to do, but other things get in the way.

I will still work on Scurvy Dogs! every day between now and my self-imposed deadline, but not as much as I'd like. Have to spend most of today (Sunday) doing some serious editing of the copy on the Talk Like a Pirate Day website. Some of that stuff is amazingly old, and really long and self-indulgent. Stop taking yourself so damn seriously! The holiday is coming up fast now, and the website is being completely overhauled, so this is the time. We also have a couple of videos we have to do.

And next week I've also got at least three long story assignments that will take me the better part of the day each time. Gotta pay the rent.

But I can't lose the momentum. These other things are things I have to do. Scurvy Dogs! is what I really want to do. So even on the busy days, I'll find a way to get some work done on the book.

Because it's steaming right now, and I don't want to lose the pressure, the sizzle. Even with the little delays, I will finish by Aug. 19 and Tori will get on the plane the next day with Scurvy Dogs! on her Kindle. By the time she gets to La Guardia, she'll be able to call and tell me if it works or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment