Monday, January 31, 2011

Not bad for Monday

Got 1, 096 words written this morning, which is remarkable considering it's Monday.

You think you know what I'm talking about. You think, "Yeah, I hate Modays, going back to work after the weekend." I work the weekend, usually (though not this week) covering a Source story on Saturday, and copy editing Sunday night. Usually the copy editing shift takes me until about 2 a.m. Monday – sometimes a little earlier, sometimes a little later.

This time it was right about 2 exactly when I pushed away from the computer. Then, as usual, I was up at 6 a.m. – coffee to make, school lunches to pull together, Tori and Max to get moving and out the door.

So if I can function at all on Monday I think I'm pretty hot stuff.

What I wrote wasn't for Bones, which is really the only thing that counts. It was for the Island Time blog. But given that I was writing at all, that ain't bad. And now I'm a little rested – grabbed another couple of hours of sleep this morning – so we'll see if I've got anything left for the novel.

And of course, I've written another 237 words in this blog post, so that's something as well. Sometimes, if you can get your fingers moving and keep 'em moving for any sustained effort, that's as good as you can hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment