Thursday, March 15, 2012

It's Hilarious

OK, I was wrong about rhyming books when I said the only successful author of a rhyming book was Dr. Seuss.

It turns out Go the Fuck to Sleep by Adam Mansbach, while not technically a kids book, is hilarious. HILARIOUS!

But don't buy the book. Seriously, don't buy the book. You want the audio version because it's read by Samuel L. Jackson. Ohmidog! It's as funny as anything I've ever heard. Seriously. "No you can't go to the bathroom. You know where you can go? THE FUCK TO SLEEP!"

In other news, I have the final revision notes on Chrissie Warren: Pirate Hunter from Eddie the Agent, who is exuding confidence. He's off to Italy next week for the Bologna Book Fair (My book fair has a first name ...) and when he comes back I want it to be done and waiting for him. I'll have plenty of time because next week is spring break and Tori has been invited to chaperone the senior trip. They're taking a cruise that includes stops in Barbados, St. Lucia and St. Martin. The seniors picked her because of their experience working with her on A Midsummer Night's Dream a year and a half ago. Her ticket is paid for by the senior class.

Everyone sing along with me: Nice work if you can get it.

Anyway, the notes aren't very extensive this time, mostly line notes and an admonition to tighten up a couple of spots. Almost there! There were other conversations with Eddie the last two weeks, but I'll save them for another time.

Meanwhile, still splitting time between work and Scurvy Dogs! and between them I'm not getting much sleep. Gotta get to work right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment