Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Someone else a lot smarter than me

Great quote on writing. Really good. This describes exactly what it's like for me. 

Writing is like driving a car at night. You can only see as far as the headlights, but you make the whole trip that way. -E.L. Doctorow

So today – 1,115 words today, and that included running out at midday to run errands, which required two miles of walking. Had to be done.

So a total of 28,014 words now. And we're right at the point where peril starts coming fast and furious, so if I can keep focused and get the momentum going, I should make good progress now.

I can only see a little ways up the road, know what's coming next and I think I have an idea what comes after that, but until I drive/write a little farther, of course, I can't be sure. Sometimes I'm surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment