Thursday, September 6, 2012

Plugging Away

About 700 words today. The last chapter was a) a little short and b) too much exposition, not enough excitement. Tori is adamant about "a dragon in every chapter," and she's right. I went back and added the new ending to the chapter and it's a) the right length and b) adds the element of danger.

Altogether a better chapter now.


And 6,112 words. It probably doesn't work out, adding up the word totals each day. I'm a writer, not a mathematician. It's just about having a way to keep track of where I am.


1 comment:

  1. Not a comment on this post, but I wanted to make sure you knew that a lot of elementary schools in the states are embracing talk like a pirate day. The teachers love it and so do the kids. I'm sure teachers would love to have materials to use in the classroom -- lesson plans to teach history, etc. Between you and Tori, I'm sure you could come up with some very marketable stuff. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete