Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Making Progress, But Now I Must Pause

1,500 words today, which is awfully good for me considering it's only 10:30. And 1,044 yesterday, plus yesterday's blog post. So I'm making good progress.

Well, I'm making progress. "Good" is subjective and beside the point right now.

I feel like I'm on a roll, and would like to keep going, but Friday is Kate's birthday and Millie and I are heading out to see about her birthday present. If you've got to take a break, a birthday may be the best possible reason.

And this afternoon I'm supposed to be reading the new chapter to the kids. We'll see what they think. If nothing else, I think they'll laugh a bit, there's some funny stuff in there, and trouble with a well-meaning police officer.

I have also shifted voice. As I mentioned, the early stuff was written in third-person omniscient" voice. I said I want to make each chapter more from the POV of a different character, but it wasn't really working that way. So this time I wrote it in the first=person voice of one of the kids. I'll try the next chapter in another kid's voice. We'll see.

If this gives it what it needs, then obviously on the second draft I'll have to do that from the beginning. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment