Thursday, February 16, 2012

There's a Reason They Call it a Cliffhanger

Two days ago I wrote about 900 words in Scurvy Dogs. Yesterday I got 1,400 words in on it, plus another 800 to 900 words on Source stories. Today I've just gotta clean up a little at the end of the chapter before I dash out to cover the Senate.

Senate should be short, and it better be, because I have two chapters to read to the kids today. And I'm going to.

The last reading they were spellbound by the boat running aground and someone shooting at them. So I want to keep that up - it fells good, ya know. And since I already put a cliff in the scenery, I figured what better way to hold the kids attention than by actually dangling one or more characters off the edge of it! We'll see how it goes, how the kids like it.

In the meantime, I'm also looking for a replacement for the dead Macbook. I've got to resolve that, because shifting from Kate's PC to the old iMac we bought for Alex when she went to college six years ago. Everything is harder and slower -- and that might sound like a good thing but it's not.

Oh, and one of the things lost in the computer crash is the second half of the San Francisco story -- which I've got to finish because it's funny, and we learn important things about Mark and about me. Under the current computer situation that might tale a little longer, but I'll try to get it by Monday or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment