Saturday, November 26, 2011

Congratulations to Kate!

My daughter Kate, 21, just completed her National Novel Writing Month project, and four days early! Way to go, Kate! Can't wait to read it!

Kate's taste runs toward fantasy, and she's always been a huge fan of dragons, so I expect both of those will be featured. And she has an unusual sense of humor I enjoy.

She woke up this morning earlier than usual, her fingers itching to get started. She had almost 8,000 words to go when Tori and I went to bed last night. I believe she was up 'til about 4, then got up early and ground it out!

And she understands that she's not finished. She's just getting started. Now comes the fun of editing and rewriting until it's perfect - or as perfect as you can make it.

But for now - Wow! Way to go Kate! You did it!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Kate!

    I kinda petered out at just under 25k words :-\

    ReplyDelete